Millennials are connected – to each other. Here are eight more ideas for getting these GOLD alumni to connect and engage with and through your institution: :
- Microlearning Content: Create short, bite-sized content that provides quick insights, tips, and takeaways. Millennials appreciate content that’s easy to consume on the go.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Highlight diversity and inclusivity efforts in your engagement initiatives.
- Showcase Professional Growth: Share success stories of millennial alumni who have achieved notable career milestones or launched their own ventures after graduation.
- Personalization: Use data to personalize communication and recommendations based on individual interests, preferences, and engagement history.
- Collaborative Projects: Involve millennial alumni in collaborative projects, such as panels, workshops, or advisory boards, where they can contribute their expertise.
- Leverage Influencers: Partner with influential millennial alumni who can act as advocates and help promote engagement initiatives.
- Sustainability Initiatives: Highlight your institution’s environmental sustainability efforts and invite millennial alumni to participate in eco-friendly projects.
- Promote Continuing Education: Offer online courses, workshops, or access to exclusive resources that enable millennial alumni to continue learning and growing. Although generally more popular with older alumni, millennials appreciate the availability.
Remember that millennial preferences may vary, so it’s important to gather feedback and monitor engagement metrics to continually refine your approach. By tailoring your strategies to their needs and interests, you can foster a strong and lasting connection with millennial alumni.