Institute: Vidyalankar Institute of Technology Established in the year 1999, Vidyalankar Institute of Technology (VIT) is an engineering degree college approved by the All India Council For Technical Education (AICTE) and affiliated to University of Mumbai, India. It has slowly gained popularity and today attracts top talent. Owing to a larger alumni database, VIT had limited means to connect with… Read More »Building a Strong and Engaged Alumni Community of Vidyalankar Institute of Technology
Institute: Vidyalankar Institute of Technology
Established in the year 1999, Vidyalankar Institute of Technology (VIT) is an engineering degree college approved by the All India Council For Technical Education (AICTE) and affiliated to University of Mumbai, India. It has slowly gained popularity and today attracts top talent.
Owing to a larger alumni database, VIT had limited means to connect with its alumni and maintaining an alumni database involved a lot of time and manual effort. Also, the alumni turn up in reunion was also very low. In the reunion organised by VIT in 2016, only 30 alumni participated.
They struggled in terms of
- Connecting with their alumni
- Managing a record of alumni
- Seeking Alumni Participation in Reunion
- Engaging Alumni
VIT wanted a solution which addresses their problems and facilitates alumni management effortlessly.
In January 2017, VIT went live with AlmaShines Alumni Platform with 9140 alumni. Various platform driven campaigns helped in boosting alumni engagement. Some of the campaigns include:
- Celebrating Women’s Day with Some Inspiring Stories of Vidyalankar Women Alumni: #SheInspires! (Click Here To Know More)
- #MyFirstJob: Encouraging First Job Stories of Vidyalankar Alumni (Click Here To Know More)
- College Friends…Our Chosen Family: Featuring 7 Stories of True Friendship from VDT Campus! (Click Here To Know More)
Through consistent alumni engagement and ease of usability, VIT could not only engaged alumni but was also able to
- Boost Alumni Database: From 9140 alumni, the institute now has a database of over 13000 alumni on the platform out of which 4000 alumni are average monthly active users.
- Boost Placements & Internships: Through Alumni Placement Program, 80 placement opportunities were created. Number of jobs posted on the platform was 152 and prospective job givers were 395. Also, more than 60 internship opportunities were created on the platform.
- Seek Higher Participation in Alumni Reunion: Over the years, with growing alumni database and engagement, the participation in events also increased. In 2018-2019, the institute organised alumni reunion again and was able to raise alumni participation from 30 to 300.
- A+ Ranking by NAAC: In 2019, it has been accredited by National assessment and accreditation with A+ grade.
VIT is now amongst the reputed institutes of Maharashtra with rich and strong alumni network. AlmaShines thrives to serve the engaged alumni of VIT even better in the coming years to break the record in maintaining a strong alumni community.