Established with the blessings of Dr. Patangrao Kadam in 1983, Bharati Vidyapeeth University College of Engineering (BVUCOE) is a NAAC A+ accredited institution in Pune, India. The college campus sprawls on 85 acres worth of land boasting its 36 courses across 2 streams around BTech and MTech programs. The institute falls under the top 100 engineering institutes of India category by the NIRF report for the last five years.
Bharati Vidyapeeth – Deemed to be University, is among those ten national universities preferred by overseas students. BVUCOE welcomes students from all the states of India as well as 48 foreign countries. It is, certainly, the reason behind the large alumni community of Bharti Vidyapeeth summing up to around 75,000 members to date.
BVUCOE had already conceived an alumni association of its own. But, their hands were held tight as the alumni association was unable to drive in alumni connection and engagement.
The institute put end-to-end efforts into organizing a few excellent alumni events. However, the college made no accomplishments as per the desires because of:
- Not having a streamlined alumni portal to gather important data.
- Absence of technology to engage alumni members digitally.
- Lack of member participation in alumni events and meets.
- No campaign-running space to attract alumni members and create an interest for the community.
As soon as Bharati Vidyapeeth realized the gap between their alumni relations best practices and the received alumni engagement, they partnered with Almashines.
After some fruitful discussions with the college, its alumni association moved forward with Almashines’ AlmaDirectory – a free tool with all the basic alumni management features. They were happy to finally find the tool that is;
- Fully automated
- Integrated with institute’s website
- Live within 24 hours
After finding the AlmaDirectory platform perfect for conceiving their digital alumni community, the alumni association of Bharati Vidyapeeth doubled its alumni relations budget. They expected an increased rate of alumni participation, an increase in the number of alumni registration, and an increase in the number of alumni events within a year.
1. Active alumni engagement: Engaged around 4,200 alumni members only within a month of implementing the alumni portal.
2. Verified alumni registration: Registered 70% out of its total alumni members from 2010 to 2021 already on the AlmaDirectory platform.
3. Virtual alumni events: Organized several alumni virtual events to gather alumni members at one place and increased participation rate by 50%.